Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day

Ah Christmas,

I spent a relaxing day with the hubby. We had waffles for breakfast, opened gifts, spoke to our families, rented a video, I knitted a hat, we ate chocolate, hung pictures, ate leg of lamb for dinner, watched the iron chef, and yet something is missing.

Could it be the lack of snow? The lack of family here in Vancouver? The fact that the seasons don't change here in Vancouver. It is either warm and sunny or grey and raining. I feel like time has not passed, I am stuck in a time limbo.

I head off to Toronto next week to see my family and friends. It will be weird, I left it all behind and yet that city draws you back. What is it about Toronto? That buzzzzzzzz, that feeling like you are living, accomplishing something, it doesn't exist here in Vancouver. Is it merely just reminiscing, a bitter sweet memory? I guess we will see


No comments: